Eight days ago, we set out on our first major excursion: a 63 day trip which includes time in Wisconsin, Texas, Florida, Georgia, & Tennessee.
Toni was born in Shawano, Wisconsin and the beautiful Shawano Lake. This time of year, its a great treat for fishing and, of course, the Shawano County Fair: a six day blast from Toni’s childhood that allows us to experience a part of her heritage.
On day two and nearing Manitowoc, Toni said we should go visit Door County some time. I smiled, got online and found a campground and we headed on our first detour. We planned on staying only three days…but that quickly grew into 8. It was magical…everything so clean and beautiful. I can’t believe more people don’t come here to visit. We stayed in Egg Harbor at the Egg Harbor Campground.
- Johnson’s Cafe in Sister Bay…complete with goats living on the grass roof of the restuarant.
- A family 10-mile bike ride through Pennisula Park.
- 3 days of fun at ceramics painting at Hands-On-Art Studio.
- a tour of a Land-o-Lakes dairy farm
- a tour of the Eagle Bluff Lighthouse
- and lots of fishing for perch off of Fish Creek Pier.
Our first detour…was a wonderful success. Now it’s own to Shawano!